Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/cflynn/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Progress: January 2009
Faery Tale Online Forum
August 21, 2017, 01:00:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Progress: January 2009  (Read 12290 times)
Lumin
Administrator

The Architect

View Profile WWW Email
« on: January 02, 2009, 10:07:00 PM »

Tested birth system, made a few tweaks to inherited skills, fixed a few bugs and added magic abilities to the mix.

Faery Tale Online
Tell Your Story, Leave Your Legacy
Lumin
Administrator

The Architect

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 09:08:03 PM »

Added system for mothers to have more than one child at birth.  I've given it a reasonable cap and it is based only on chance, not on heredity, at this point.
Added death by hunger system and record of death in portal screen. 
Fixed a bug that allowed mothers to get pregnant when there were no players in the system.
Added most of eating system.

Faery Tale Online
Lumin
Administrator

The Architect

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 07:57:39 PM »

Characters can now eat food, including corpses (if you feel morally inclined to do so), to stave off hunger.
Finished rot system, so each item, building, corpse or piece of food will decay over time now.
Fixed several bugs with death, chat display, and an IE inventory bug.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 12:08:48 AM by Lumin » Logged

Faery Tale Online
Lumin
Administrator

The Architect

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 09:44:12 PM »

I completely revamped the core of the combat system for PVP.  With the new, sleeker, code I can go back and add it to the NPC combat system as well.  It's very similar to a d20 system where a modifier (attack skill, dodge, block, etc) is added to a random value and compared to the target.
I also added in a few combat focus options during combat (offensive stance, dodge stance, etc).
I still need to add passive focus options for defender, combat magic abilities, and combat skill improvement.  Finally, I need to run a few test battles.
Fixed bug with inventory not dropping when dead, items dropping in wrong location, and adjusted reason for death.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 09:47:07 PM by Lumin » Logged

Faery Tale Online
Lumin
Administrator

The Architect

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 10:05:59 PM »

Pure testing and bug-fixing of combat

Faery Tale Online
Lumin
Administrator

The Architect

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 09:43:56 PM »

More combat testing, and will probably take a couple more days.  This is the final hurdle and once it's done, it's mostly down-hill from here on out.  After that, I need to tweak resource gathering a bit and then add content.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 09:46:40 PM by Lumin » Logged

Faery Tale Online
Lumin
Administrator

The Architect

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 07:09:10 PM »

Both PVP and NPC combat are finished, at least for now.  I decided that the entire system needed to be completely revamped from the ground up.  I removed several ambiguous combat skills and replaced them with strength, dexterity and constitution.  Combat is fairly simple at this point, but the foundation is balanced and can be easily upgraded in the future.
I also had to add in a general health value for players and creatures (besides location based damage).  This value will slowly increase as they age, and gain experience, and eventually will begin to decline when characters get very old.  Also changed the resource system slightly and fixed problems with armor class.
I can officially say, now, that the basic core game system is complete.  Most, everything from here on out will be adding new features and fixing bugs.  For the next few days, I'll be adding content, and then players can begin to sign up.

Faery Tale Online
Lumin
Administrator

The Architect

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2009, 08:56:15 PM »

Made some changes to make adding content easier, and added several map locations, resources and creatures.
Changed creatures to tie them to specific biomes, fixed a few minor bugs with creature stats.

Faery Tale Online
Lumin
Administrator

The Architect

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2009, 08:40:54 PM »

Characters can now pick up and carry resources.  Buildings can now have labels and messages attached to them by the owner.  Added latitude based weather to seasons.  Added about a dozen new objects/buildings.  Fixed bug with starting/stopping projects, and equipping armor.

Faery Tale Online
Lumin
Administrator

The Architect

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2009, 08:56:27 PM »

Fixed a bug with latitude weather changes, and project requirements.  Added a couple dozen weapons/armor.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 09:08:16 PM by Lumin » Logged

Faery Tale Online
Lumin
Administrator

The Architect

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2009, 08:05:05 PM »

Buildings can now be locked/unlocked by the owner.  Added a few pieces of armor.

Faery Tale Online
Lumin
Administrator

The Architect

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2009, 08:14:08 PM »

Players can now add external image links to notes and building descriptions.  Later, I'll add text descriptions and images for other objects, like being able to actually draw a picture of magic weapons and armor.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 08:21:20 PM by Lumin » Logged

Faery Tale Online
Lumin
Administrator

The Architect

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2009, 10:23:49 PM »

Fixed bug with characters stuck in limbo when a building decays around them.  Fixed problem with signup queue not loading correctly.  Fixed travel bug.  Added ability to bury corpses.  Added several tools and food objects.

Faery Tale Online
Lumin
Administrator

The Architect

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2009, 07:45:56 PM »

Went through and did an exhaustive test run from signup to death, and fixed several bugs.  Things seem to be working properly now.
Added a dozen more objects.  There are now over 100 objects in the game, including food, weapons, armor, clothing, furniture and buildings.  I want to at least double that number before initial launch.  There still needs to be a couple dozen more creatures, and the map needs to be finished as well.  All in all, we're still right on schedule for February.

Faery Tale Online
Lumin
Administrator

The Architect

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2009, 08:58:57 PM »

Built two-handed wielding.  Added ability to get skin and bones as resources from creatures.  Fixed a construction bug.  Added 15 new weapons, armor and food and a few more map locations.

Faery Tale Online
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: