Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/cflynn/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
New Moderator
Faery Tale Online Forum
August 21, 2017, 01:00:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: New Moderator  (Read 11123 times)
Quinlan
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: July 20, 2010, 02:50:19 AM »

Hello, FTO Community!

I just wanted to briefly introduce myself here as I shall be joining Gir in co-moderation of the forums. I've been playing the game for a while despite my new forum involvement, and have handled the ebbs and flows of online gaming forum moderation in the past. I join the moderating team now with both Lumin's and Mrs. Lumin's confidence in my abilities, and I hope that in the days to come I can demonstrate those abilities to the rest of this roleplaying community as well.

On this forum my role will mostly be defined by maintaining the rules as detailed here http://forums.faerytaleonline.com/index.php?topic=1558.0 and offering what assistance I can in answering questions and mediating forum issues. In-game issues should still be reported via the reporting method, of course.

Please feel free to send me a PM if you have need for my help.
thatkid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 02:45:56 AM »

It's nice to see all these new moderators are such large parts of the community.

FireBlaze
Feedback

A Pyromaniac of sorts....

MrFireBlaze@gmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 02:46:35 AM »

Who are you?

Or do I?

Quote from: Two young Lasses
<Hermitess> I just prefer 5-man stuff.
<Rubyru> I like 5-mans too

Quote from: A fruity young man
<thatkid> And I have been jerked plenty, FireBlaze.
<Satsuz> Yes, FireBlaze. You're my idol.
Lewa263

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 02:49:24 AM »

It's nice to see all these new moderators are such large parts of the community.
It's a bit odd, but then it makes a sort of sense. If they don't even know anybody, they're less likely to be biased. Hopefully.

1, 2: Dead
3: Exploring
4: Secret (If you think you know who my fourth is, please PM me. If somebody already knows, I can stop hiding it. That would be a relief.)
5: Baby
Quinlan
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 03:54:20 AM »

Who are you?

I'm afraid I don't know you well enough to start sharing real life info across the internet. Though if you're asking about who I am in game, then I'm going to have to politely direct your attention back to http://forums.faerytaleonline.com/index.php?topic=1558.0, as that would be going against a few things there I'm afraid.

If this is a rhetorical question, then who is anyone, man?

Inane Wayne
Content Developer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 05:15:59 AM »

Silly response, Quinlan Tongue It's more about, say, how long have you been playing? Do you have any hobbies in real life (Assumably not all of your hobbies and daily rituals are too private to share)? How awkward do you find pre-mating roleplaying rituals in the game? Wink

"This man stands tall and tan, with flowing black hair and a beard to match. He's wearing a thong, which wedges itself uncomfortably between his ass-cheeks. He sporadically does pelvic thrusts in the direction of random inanimate objects, and prefaces all his sentences with a loud, sexual grunt."
Quinlan
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 05:40:25 AM »

It wasn't so much a silly response as it was straight to the point. You're still asking about real life information, which I've already clearly said I don't wish to divulge. I've been playing long enough to have established a level of mutual respect with Lumin and Mrs. Lumin. My opinions regarding in-game affairs have nothing to do with the forums, and speaking about actual in-game information here wouldn't be appropriate.
boog

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 05:43:42 AM »

It wasn't so much a silly response as it was straight to the point. You're still asking about real life information, which I've already clearly said I don't wish to divulge. I've been playing long enough to have established a level of mutual respect with Lumin and Mrs. Lumin. My opinions regarding in-game affairs have nothing to do with the forums, and speaking about actual in-game information here wouldn't be appropriate.

Are you going to be enforcing this policy of no in game information leaked? I for one would be approving of it, just because there seems to be a lot of it circulating in the forums and IRC.

I didn't even need to eat more than one of you! Never forget.. Mama loves you. ;]

"Cuentale"
SMuz

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2010, 05:46:47 AM »

Lol, I thought it was a bit odd that the new moderator has only a few posts and all of them in the thread. It made me wonder if this is your secret mod identity or something. That might've been what FireBlaze meant. But if you spend all your time off the forums and all, that is respectable.
Quinlan
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2010, 05:58:17 AM »

Are you going to be enforcing this policy of no in game information leaked? I for one would be approving of it, just because there seems to be a lot of it circulating in the forums and IRC.

Yes, this is one of the things I am specifically going to be addressing when I see it coming up in the forums. The IRC is still an entirely other domain, of course.
FireBlaze
Feedback

MrFireBlaze@gmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2010, 05:59:16 AM »

That's going to kill all the active topics on the forums

Or do I?

boog

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2010, 07:39:47 AM »

It's cool to praise people, but it's not cool to be asking who everyone plays, assuming such, or saying, "THANK YOU TO SO AND SO FOR BEING SUCH AN AMAZING DAUGHTER WHO BROUGHT MOMMY FLOWERS."

That sounds a little harsh, maybe it is, but it's late and I'm just always wary of such topics. I don't want to know who plays who! I just want to enjoy the game for what it's worth. Smiley

I didn't even need to eat more than one of you! Never forget.. Mama loves you. ;]

"Cuentale"
FireBlaze
Feedback

MrFireBlaze@gmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2010, 07:44:27 AM »

It's cool to praise people, but it's not cool to be asking who everyone plays, assuming such, or saying, "THANK YOU TO SO AND SO FOR BEING SUCH AN AMAZING DAUGHTER WHO BROUGHT MOMMY FLOWERS."

That sounds a little harsh, maybe it is, but it's late and I'm just always wary of such topics. I don't want to know who plays who! I just want to enjoy the game for what it's worth. Smiley

It was simply a statement. I hardly use those topics anyways, so it doesn't really matter. But the content on this forums is those threads, which are constant, and the occasional flares of drama when something is changed.

Or do I?

thatkid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2010, 07:47:02 AM »

Personally, I'd like a moderator who didn't dodge questions with half-answers like some silly little politician. We have no choice in who said moderator is, so they can at least answer any raised questions, no?

boog

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2010, 07:51:24 AM »

What do you guys want out of him? (or her, I suppose) Their favorite pizza topping and color? Tongue

Anonymity is best. I've enjoyed games far more when people don't know who I play than when I know them and their favorite rugby player's position and everything else OOCly.

"Cuentale"
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: