Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/cflynn/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Volunteer Moderators
Faery Tale Online Forum
August 21, 2017, 12:59:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Volunteer Moderators  (Read 12901 times)
Lumin
Administrator

The Architect

View Profile WWW Email
« on: March 01, 2010, 04:14:11 AM »

The amount of reports of abuse, out-of-character incidents, and other related issues has begun to take too much of my time.  I would like to focus on programming and the game mechanics instead.

There will soon be a new link in the game Portal that will be used to submit any game incident, rather than sending them via PM to me or mrs lumin.

I need five dedicated, mature people who would be willing to receive emails with reported incidents and review chat logs* .  I would prefer that applicants not already be colony starters, or have another job on the site.  They would need to be able to do the following effectively:

• Understanding of game mechanics, rules and can view incidents objectively
  • Good communication skills and a willingness to collaborate with other moderators and the reporting party in question.
  • Issue warnings, suspensions and bans if necessary.
  • Keep all collaboration completely confidential.

Those chosen for this position would have their own private forum to discuss incidents among themselves and make decisions based on the information they have been given. 

*Please note, that these moderators will only be able to review chat logs where the submitter was privy to when the report is submitted, not the entire chat database.
Also, if an incident involved one or more of the moderators, they will not be allowed to participate in the discussion.

I'm also looking for a  forum moderator.  This needs to be a mature person that can be available on the forums to monitor all posts and be able to censor content, and issue suspensions or bans when required.

If interested in either of these positions, please email volunteer@faerytaleonline.com and include the following:

1. Your forum account name.
2. Your desired position.
3. Why you would like to volunteer for this positions.
4. Why you should be selected.

Thanks!  I'll inform those who have been selected via forum PM
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 08:12:07 PM by Lumin » Logged

Faery Tale Online
Tell Your Story, Leave Your Legacy
Rombom

HYPNOCAT STARES INTO YOUR SOUL

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 04:35:25 AM »

What happens to the character of a player who is banned/suspended?

"I declare joy for thou, and alloweth thy end game. Forsooth! Lancelot is all that glisters for eternity!"

Alive: Bestiality/Pious Midget
Dead: 2
Lumin
Administrator

The Architect

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 04:47:20 AM »

What happens to the character of a player who is banned/suspended?

I've never had a case yet where I've had to suspend someone.  Giving those players a stern warning resulted in the player fixing their play style.

I have given a couple bans, but that was because after I warned them, they immediatley continued to act maliciously and defiantly.  Those players simply lost their characters to starvation.

If a player was suspended, part of the punishment would be losing control of the character which could result in the character's death.

Nothing is set in stone though.  All cases are different, so I can't give a definitive answer to that.

Faery Tale Online
Wiro

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 04:31:45 PM »

I do suggest we think up creative ways of letting them die; you know, accidents. Since starvation is sooooo becoming the FTO version of Cantr's heart attack otherwise. Way too bland.

I'm volunteering, since I'm complaining all the time and it might be better if I'd be able to, like, have the possibility of helping steer the community the right way myself in others than my tiresome rants. (Which, I'm sure, have come to an end now. I've noticed the effect, or rather, the lack of an effect. Tongue)

Rest in peace eternally, my bonny darlings!
x. Perished, winsome mother, derailed mind and half-sickening thoughts
x. Forgotten tyrant and bully
x. Lost child, wandered too far
Rattlebone

̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏

Tangiscosity@gmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 05:51:46 PM »

I like to think I'd be a good mod if I had to, though I've never been one anywhere else except for a few chatrooms.
I've been told I'm good at seeing both sides of the argument or issue, and I'd be able to be present almost 24/7, seeing as I have absolutely no life =D

Fred/Thatkid says (9:45 PM):
 I want to become a real life superhero~
A fruity young man strikes again.
Ruby

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 05:52:41 PM »

<---------

Would be an awful mod, good luck to whoever commits themselves to that hell.

She should have been made of iron or steel but she was only made of flesh and blood.
Saeldanya

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 06:54:54 PM »

I like to think I'd be a good mod if I had to, though I've never been one anywhere else except for a few chatrooms.
I've been told I'm good at seeing both sides of the argument or issue, and I'd be able to be present almost 24/7, seeing as I have absolutely no life =D

No. Just no.

I hope for some good candidates for this one, it is long overdue, but you say yourself you can't even separate IC from OOC. I'd worry about the game if you were a mod.

Good luck to everyone capable who feels they have the time, you'll be helping out a great deal.  Smiley

Rattlebone

̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏

Tangiscosity@gmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2010, 06:57:56 PM »

I can't remember the last time we had a lengthy conversation Sael, but I have since cleaned my act up.
Plus, I was gunning for forum mod, not game mod :/
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 06:59:36 PM by Rattlebone » Logged

Fred/Thatkid says (9:45 PM):
 I want to become a real life superhero~
A fruity young man strikes again.
Hiei

cla365@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2010, 07:14:00 PM »

Ugh o: I tend to be a sarcastic asshole >.< that pretty much screws me over in any cahnces really xD, but in all reality I know what is right and wrong and how to deal with said things >.<
I used to mod a rather small communitty that has since dissapeared off the internet, so I do have a bit of experience,, not that it matters much.
I may or may not apply >.>
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 07:15:32 PM by Hiei » Logged

Black Heaven
Hold back the tears.
Your love runs loose in the wilderness.
Our silence pushes me under.
Soft whispering on the darker you love to me.
Like sunset, your love falls.
As sad times fill to your lurid love.
In darkness I know you...
The sunlight showers my rain.
Recklass_cake
Game Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2010, 08:03:53 PM »

If I correct a typo in numbers in the OP, does that hinder my chances? xD

Sometimes you have to throw a few cakes to get access to the pies. Such is life, so pack a suitcase and marvel at the sky.
Lumin
Administrator

The Architect

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2010, 08:13:30 PM »

If I correct a typo in numbers in the OP, does that hinder my chances? xD

Heh...I was tired last night when I posted this, but no, that won't hinder your chances.   Smiley

Faery Tale Online
FireBlaze
Feedback

A Pyromaniac of sorts....

MrFireBlaze@gmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2010, 09:26:52 PM »

I'd be horrible, probably for the same reasons as Hiei. Although I tend to find that those kinds of mods are the best kind, as long as they act in moderation (Haha, get it?). I think Soulwynd actually had a good amount of this going on, although it was the lack of need that caused less awesome moments to happen.

Or do I?

Quote from: Two young Lasses
<Hermitess> I just prefer 5-man stuff.
<Rubyru> I like 5-mans too

Quote from: A fruity young man
<thatkid> And I have been jerked plenty, FireBlaze.
<Satsuz> Yes, FireBlaze. You're my idol.
Karlito

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2010, 03:20:31 AM »

Just looking for one forum moderator? I know this is a lot smaller than most forums, but it seems like a daunting task for one person.

1) Dead
2) Blind
3) Crippled
4) Cold
madrain

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2010, 03:37:04 AM »

I agree with Karlito.  A few different forum mods, who are available at different times, would be a better idea.  That way, a single moderator needing to be away from the net for awhile would not leave the forum unprotected, and a few mods would also keep each other in check.

Wiro

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2010, 04:07:12 PM »

I agree with Karlito.  A few different forum mods, who are available at different times, would be a better idea.  That way, a single moderator needing to be away from the net for awhile would not leave the forum unprotected, and a few mods would also keep each other in check.

No. Tongue We don't need insta-moderating.

Rest in peace eternally, my bonny darlings!
x. Perished, winsome mother, derailed mind and half-sickening thoughts
x. Forgotten tyrant and bully
x. Lost child, wandered too far
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: