Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/cflynn/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Progress: February 2009
Faery Tale Online Forum
August 21, 2017, 12:59:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Progress: February 2009  (Read 9201 times)
Lumin
Administrator

The Architect

View Profile WWW Email
« on: February 02, 2009, 10:25:37 PM »

Added several comprehensive new security systems.  Fixed several security holes while consulting my network administrator.  Removed storing of last names and full birth-dates from system.
I've consulted an experienced developer about stress testing the system.  Once testing is completed, we could be back online fairly soon.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 10:27:34 PM by Lumin » Logged

Faery Tale Online
Tell Your Story, Leave Your Legacy
Lumin
Administrator

The Architect

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 06:02:27 PM »

Login is now available.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 10:02:05 PM by Lumin » Logged

Faery Tale Online
Lumin
Administrator

The Architect

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 12:05:08 AM »

Fixed a few problems with new file paths.  Fixed bug for gathering new resources.  Added a new race and fixed a half-race bug.  Added several new objects and notification for projects that cannot be completed.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 12:15:22 AM by Lumin » Logged

Faery Tale Online
Lumin
Administrator

The Architect

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 07:35:55 PM »

In preparation for ships, interiors are now independent from the outside for resource gathering and construction.  This may still be a little buggy though.  Added the health indicator when viewing other characters.

Faery Tale Online
Lumin
Administrator

The Architect

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 08:26:47 PM »

Gave new chats a field that tracks audience members.  Now, only a character who was present during that chat will have it displayed on their chat log.  This means that exiting and entering a building will not remove old chat logs (until time expires them).  It also means that previous chats that did not keep track of audience members are no longer displayed.
Fixed several bugs related to the new chat field.  Fixed a skill bug, a foraging bug, and a couple bugs related to interior/exterior gathered resources.

Faery Tale Online
Lumin
Administrator

The Architect

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2009, 02:53:47 AM »

I've been gone most of the day since it's my wife's birthday so I haven't gotten to do very much.  I did fix a bug preventing healing items to work, and have been trying to figure out why items keep duplicating (which doesn't seem to occur when I do it myself).
Update: The resource duplication bug has been fixed.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 03:25:51 AM by Lumin » Logged

Faery Tale Online
Lumin
Administrator

The Architect

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 05:35:46 AM »

Fixed death bug.  Lowered starting hunger level, and added several objects.

Faery Tale Online
Lumin
Administrator

The Architect

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2009, 10:46:18 PM »

Raised speed for passive health gain.  Lowered maximum hunger by half - which means characters will have to eat a little more often.
Fixed a healing item bug and another item-drop bug.  Added some more map locations.

Faery Tale Online
Lumin
Administrator

The Architect

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2009, 11:31:37 PM »

Raised decay time slightly on an object, and added alternatives to fast decaying objects.  Fixed leather fedora requiring wood.  Fixed bug with item duplication on death.  Added more site security.

Faery Tale Online
Lumin
Administrator

The Architect

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2009, 07:15:34 PM »

Added some new resources that can be found in many biomes for fire-making.  It is now possible for resources in general to be found in multiple locations.
When players pray or reference a god, the messages are now tracked by the admin.
Added a new race and new landmass.
Fixed bug with every region getting the same weather.  There is a bug with creatures spawning in strange places, and I'll be addressing that.

Faery Tale Online
Lumin
Administrator

The Architect

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2009, 01:47:28 AM »

Writings now display all of their text in the editor for better convenience.  Fixed an IE/Opera bug disallowing characters from joining projects.  Added more objects.

Faery Tale Online
Lumin
Administrator

The Architect

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2009, 07:49:18 PM »

Fixed a bug that characters could enter a building while still inside another building.  Fixed a bug where items would disappear when unequipping and inventory was full.  Added some objects.
Because of low bandwidth limits, I may be putting the site on a new server in the coming days.

Faery Tale Online
Lumin
Administrator

The Architect

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2009, 06:29:59 PM »

I've been a little sick the past few days, so I haven't gotten much done.  Between bug-fixes and minor features, I am going to start building the ships/boats system for the next week or two.
Fixed a few minor bugs, added a new race/colony, and added "in labor" message for females close to giving birth.

Faery Tale Online
Lumin
Administrator

The Architect

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2009, 10:07:34 PM »

Added a new race and several new objects.

Faery Tale Online
Lumin
Administrator

The Architect

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2009, 01:10:19 AM »

I got totally fed up with the creature spawn system today.  It was spawning stuff in insane places (polar bears in the jungle...etc), and not spawning things at all.  So I completely re-coded the creature spawn system, and it seems to be working much better now.  You should now see a lot more diversity, and a greater amount of creatures.  More creatures will come as you gain more players in a location as well.
Also added in a few more new creatures.

Faery Tale Online
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: